* - Energy bills could go up before October price cap rise - US inflation eases in July as petrol prices drop - BoE's Pill says rate hikes won't feed through until late 2023 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Tony Gott, Executive Chairman & Vic Kist, CEO of Saietta #SED https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/SED discuss their Joint commercialisation and development agreement with Consolidated Metco, a major global manufacturer and supplier of commercial automotive components to customers including Ford, Volvo and Daimler. Highlights · Saietta is pleased to announce it has today entered into a Joint Commercialisation and Development Agreement (the "JCDA") with Consolidated Metco, Inc. ("ConMet"). · ConMet is a major global manufacturer and supplier of commercial automotive components to customers including Ford, Volvo and Daimler. · ConMet's primary product is its wheel hub assemblies for trucks and currently has 18 million of its truck hub assemblies on the road. · Subject to completion of a successful joint development programme, ConMet's and Saietta's initial target is for in excess of 100,000 units for the two products over the next 5 years - which could equate to over USD 1 billion of product sales being made by ConMet (in which Saietta could potentially participate in indirectly via its profit share arrangements). · Saietta and ConMet will cooperate to bring two new truck e-drive product systems, an in-wheel generator and an in-wheel motor, to commercial production targeting 2023 and 2024, respectively. The new products will be aimed at ConMet's existing USA customer base and will also be offered to a number of European OEMs. To read the full RNS click here
* - Ministers to meet energy giants over cost of living - Households already in debt as energy bills rise - British postal workers to hold four days of strikes over pay 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* - Boris Johnson rules out immediate cost-of-living measures - Backlog of longest-wait patients slashed in England - Olive oil prices to rise as heatwave hits production 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Christian Taylor-Wilkinson CEO of Altona Rare Earths #ANR https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/PLU/ANR discusses the JORC compliant exploration target estimate FOR Monte Muambe which highlights the globally significant size and grade potential of the project. Highlights * Estimated total tonnage of up to 56.6 million tonnes at 1.65% TREO * Including 11.5 million tonnes at 2.41% TREO, corresponding to a well-defined high-grade zone * Monte Muambe on track to become a significant, high value project * Maiden Resource Estimate expected publication date - Q1 2023 and, * The project's Preliminary Economic Assessment by Q2 2023 Read the full RNS click here
* - People turning back to cash as prices rise - Charities warn people against not paying - House prices fall for first time in 13 months 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Paul Hill https://twitter.com/CapitalPmh, full time investor and equity analyst talks about how the markets seem to be focusing on all the bad news but very little of the good news, which is a good risk, reward set up. Plus we talk about some stocks to follow including: Purplebricks #PURP https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/PURP, Lords Group #LORD https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/LORD, Revolution Beauty #REVB https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/REVB, eEnergy #EAAS https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/EAAS, Moneysupermarket #MONY https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/MONY, Manolete #MANO https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/MANO, Sourcebio #SBI https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/SBI, Belluscura #BELL https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/BELL, Venture Life #VLG https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/VLG, Aveva #AVV https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/AVV & Biome Tech #BIOM
* Pantheon Resources https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/PANR #PANR https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/PANR CEO Jay Cheatham and Technical Director Bob Rosenthal talk Vox through the results from their Alkaid #2 well on the Alaska North Slope. Drilling encountered multiple, high-quality oil bearing reserviors in three targeted formations in the well, as predicted by the explorer's 3D seismic data, and suggest "clear potential for a meterial upgrade" of current resource estimates,. The company is now preparing to begin horizontal drilling, the next step on the phase to production, and exploting a potentially transformational oil resource for the Alaskan state that sits in close proximity to its existing oil infrasutructure including the Trans Alaska Pipeline System.
* - BoE warns the UK will fall into recession this year - UK hiring slowing down as recession looms - UK construction industry declines for first time in 18 months 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Mo Khan of CEO of Open Orphan #ORPH https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/ORPH discusses their £6.2m contract win with a US-based biotechnology company to test its antiviral candidate using the hVIVO Influenza A human challenge study model. Highlights The human challenge study is expected to commence in H2 2022 and will be conducted at hVIVO's state-of-the-art facilities in London. The Company expects the revenue from the contract to be recognised across 2022 and 2023. The client has already published preliminary data to demonstrate a favourable pharmacokinetic and safety profile. This candidate exhibits a novel mechanism of action and differs from previously approved drugs. This is an ideal time in the development of this drug to conduct a challenge study. This is the third significant influenza human challenge study contract that Open Orphan has signed in 2022, as attention switches to potential future outbreaks in this particular disease area. Influenza is a serious global health threat with an estimated 1 billion cases per year, 3-5 million severe cases and 290,000 - 650,000 deaths per year. Read the full RNS here
* - The Bank of England likely to raise interest rate to highest since 2008 today - UN chief suggest special tax on oil and gas firms - UK services firms slow again, price pressures ease slightly 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* - Cost of filling a tank falls by £5 in July - 1000's of small firms go bust owing millions in bounce back Covid loans - Millions will join breadline in recession-hit UK 3 of 5 business stories in today's 90 second podcast
* Each week we'll use a variety of stock screening approaches to come up with a list of stocks which fit the criteria of this week’s stock screener, then John & Justin will pick a stock from the list, explain what they like about it. This week we are filtering using the Piotroski Score The Piotroski score is a discrete score between zero and nine that reflects nine criteria used to determine the strength of a firm's financial position. The Piotroski score is used to determine the best value stocks, with nine being the best and zero being the worst. The Piotroski score was named after Chicago Accounting Professor Joseph Piotroski, who devised the scale, according to specific aspects of company financial statements. Aspects are focused on the company’s accounting results in recent time periods (years). For every criterion met, one point is awarded; otherwise, no points are awarded. The points are then added up to determine the best value stocks. John's Pick is: SANDERSON DESIGN GROUP #SDG https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/SDG Sanderson Design Group PLC is a luxury interior furnishings company that designs, manufactures and markets wallpapers, fabrics and paints. In addition, the Company derives licensing income from the use of its designs on a wide range of products such as bed and bath collections, rugs, blinds and tableware. Sanderson Design Group's brands include Zoffany, Sanderson, Morris & Co., Harlequin, Scion, Clarke & Clarke and Archive by Sanderson Design. Justin's Pick is: SpaceandPeople #SAL The SpaceandPeople markets sell and administer promotional space as well as on-mall and short-term retail space in high footfall venues, including shopping centres, garden centres, city centres, retail parks and train stations. They match brands, promoters and retailers to the venues and footfalls that are right for them.
* - Cost of living: Energy bills forecast to hit £3,615 a year - BA suspends sales of short-haul tickets from Heathrow - Bank of England could raise rates by 0.5% this week 3 of 5 business stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* - Mortgage affordability test scrapped by Bank of England - Rishi Sunak vows to take 4p off income tax - Fuel tax cut in UK among lowest in Europe, RAC says 3 of 5 business stories featured in today’s 90 second podcast
* Harland and Wolff (HARL) CEO John Wood talks Vox through the significance of a recent contract win in the key defence sector, and how after heavy investment its sites are building capacity and ready to deliver on the UK's huge demand for major infrastructure projects.
* Destiny Pharma https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/DEST/ #DEST chief executive Neil Clark talks us through the publication of new data on NTCD-M3, its novel treatment for the prevention of infection (CDI) recurrence, in the peer reviewed journal Public Library of Science One. is the leading cause of hospital acquired infection in the US and current treatments lead to significant recurrence. In the US, there are approximately 500,000 cases of CDI each year, with many of these initial cases recurring leading to 29,000 deaths per year and costing the healthcare industry billions of dollars. The study - carried out by Destiny's scientific adviser Professor Dale Gerding and his team at the VA Hines laboratories in the US - offers further validation of the potential of the biotherapeutic ahead of planned Phase 3 clinical trials of NTCD-M3 in 2023 having previously reported very good Phase 2 clinical trial results. Destiny is currently finalising preparations for thel trial and seeking partners to help co-fund studies and lead commercialisation of this exciting biotherapeutic product. To read the full RNS click here https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/rns/announcement/cbace3cf-490a-4ba2-967d-00cc1bd3cf88.
* Zak Mir talks to Craig Martin of Dynam Capital, manager of Vietnam Holdings in the wake of the South East Asia focused company's latest monthly report.
* Dennis Edmonds of Kazera Global #KZG https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/KZG discusses a transformational agreement that secures investment of $7.5m in the Company's subsidiary for all lithium production from the Company's wholly owned mine at Tantalite Valley, Namibia. The transaction values the Company's lithium assets alone at in excess of US$15 million. * Highlights * · Non-dilutive investment of US$7.5 million in cash, machinery and services * · Investment sufficient to cover the costs of the processing plant upgrades required to increase production from the Tantalite Valley mine and the construction of a lithium processing facility * · Tantalum production expected to substantially increase from Q4 2022 onwards * · Lithium production scheduled to commence in Q1 2023 * To read the full RNS click here
* In this interview, Uber smart investor Paul Jourdan of Amati Global runs through 19 tremendous stock ideas, alongside providing his latest thoughts on the macro economic & geopolitical climate. Economic soft landing, or mild/severe recession? 04:30 Will there be a ceasefire in Ukraine? 06:10 One attractive sector. 09:05 M&A activity. 10:35 Ensilica & might China invade Taiwan? 13:30 Strip Tinning. 21:20 Zenova. 23:55 Verici DX.28:25 Cake Box. 30:20 NCC. 33:40 S4 Capital. 37:05 Begbies Traynor & FRP Advisory. 38:55 Saietta.41:25 Intelligent Ultrasound. 44:20 Science in Sport. 45:40 Getech. 48:20 Equals. 52:55 tinybuild. 54:00 Belvoir. 55:35 Brooks MacDonald. 57:25 Fusion Antibodies. 5830 Rosslyn Data Tech. 62:00 is the market bottoming? 65:30 * * * #ENSI #STG #ZED #VRCI #CBOX #NCC #SFOR #BEG #FRP #SED IUG #SIS #GTC #EQLS #TBLD #BLV #BRK #FAB #RDT
* Harvey Sinclair, CEO of eEnergy Group #EAAS https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/EAAS Follow | EAAS results show 62% topline growth, 261% EBITDA growth and a record order book of £25m meaning they are well placed to deliver significant year-on-year growth for FY23. * FY22 Highlights * - Revenues of £22 million (up 62% from £13.6 million in FY21), split between Energy Management and Energy Efficiency divisions (representing 52% and 48% respectively) * - Further progress made in complementing organic growth with strategic acquisitions, with the Group’s largest acquisition to-date, Utility * - Team, completed in H1 FY21 * - Adjusted EBITDA of £3.0 million (up 261% vs. FY21) * - Significant progress with additional project funding through SUSI Partners AG and successful debt refinancing with Silicon Valley Bank in H2 FY22 * - Completed commercial launch of MY ZeERO, eCharge and eSolar with demonstrated strong demand * FY23 Outlook * - Forward order book of £25.3m (up from £18.3m at 31 December 2021) across both Energy Management and Energy Services divisions: - 88% budgeted Q1 revenues contracted as at 30 June 2022. - 39% FY23 revenues contracted as at 30 June 2022. * www.voxmarkets.co.uk http://www.voxmarkets.co.uk
* Eytan Uliel, CEO of Challenger Energy #CEG https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/CEG provides a Trinidad and Tobago update for Q2 that saw production rise by 6% at an oil price 17% higher than Q1 despite severe torrential rains. * Highlights * · Total gross oil production for Q2 2022 was 34,159 barrels equating to approximately 375 barrels of oil per day (bopd), representing an approximately 6% increase over Q1 2022 (358 bopd). * The increase in average daily gross production is principally attributable to a focused effort on maintaining baseline production. It is noted that the Company's 2022 work program, which is focused on near-term production enhancement activities (as announced in RNS dated 7 June 2022) is to be executed in phases over the coming months, and thus the expected impact of this work on production is not yet reflected in the production rates achieved during Q2 2022. * It is further noted that notwithstanding the increase in total oil production, the quarterly result was adversely impacted by especially severe torrential rains in the last two weeks of June 2022, which caused several days of downtime due to electrical failures and safety-related total field shut downs. * · Total oil sales in Q2 2022 amounted to 31,170 barrels, representing approximately a 5% increase over Q1 2022, with a gross realised average price per barrel sold of US$97.45, representing approximately a 17% increase over Q1 2022. * To read full RNS click here
* Jeremy Skillington, CEO of Poolbeg Pharma #POLB https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/POLB discusses a major milestone being reached as POLB 001 achieves regulatory approval to commence its Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) human challenge clinical trial. * Key Highlights * • Clinical trial activities will formally commence on 22 July 2022 * • The trial will assess the efficacy of POLB 001 in dampening the robust immune response to LPS which acts as a surrogate for the hyperinflammatory response associated with severe influenza and other diseases * • Start of the trial demonstrates significant delivery on commitment at IPO * • Initial results expected in Q4 2022 at which point the Company intends to rapidly monetise by out-licensing / partnering with pharma and biotech companies for further development of POLB 001 * • Trial success would also pave the way for potential applications beyond severe influenza * To read the full RNS click here https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/rns/announcement/3ebe4275-ca57-49a1-9e1b-df0927c6a29b/
* - Bigger interest rate hikes on the table, says BoE Governor - Big UK firms gird for a recession but still plan to invest - Netflix loses almost a million subscribers 3 of 5 stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Welcome back to our new podcast series Vox Screens Stocks. There are lots of ways of finding investment opportunities, but one of the most fruitful is to start your search by crunching stock market data. With thousands of listed companies, using tools to filter for certain financial characteristics can whittle the market down to a manageable number that you can use to focus your research efforts. * Each week we'll use a variety of stock screening approaches to come up with a list of stocks which fit the criteria of this week’s stock screener, then John & Justin will pick a stock from the list, explain what they like about it. * This week we are filtering using Joel Greenblatt’s Magic Formula * The Magic Formula was created by US asset manager Joel Greenblatt and popularised in his 2005 book “The Little Book That Beats the Market”. Repeated studies and backtests have shown that this simple mechanical approach delivers higher risk-adjusted returns than the overall market – Mr Greenblatt, in fact, claimed it delivered in excess of 30% a year when run on the US market. To see the blog with the screener please click HERE https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/
* Neil Clark, CEO of Destiny Pharma #DEST https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/DEST explains the positive update from US FDA, on their XF-73 nasal gel, that will enable simplification of the Phase 3 study design, which is expected to shorten the overall clinical development programme in the U.S. * The key points from the FDA's feedback are: * · The FDA agreed to the proposed Phase 3 design comparing XF-73 Nasal gel to placebo on top of standard of care for the prevention of post-surgical staphylococcal infections following certain breast surgery operations. This type of surgery is being proposed as patients can experience a relatively high infection rate following the current standard of care and there is a clear unmet medical need. * · The FDA is open to the collection of microbiological data during the proposed Phase 3 study that could lead to the development of a surrogate marker for clinical efficacy in other types of surgery. * · Based on the favourable safety profile from the clinical development programme so far, the FDA has confirmed that no specialised nasal examinations are needed in the Phase 3 study. In line with the above, the FDA has also removed the previous requirement to clinically evaluate skin sensitisation. * · The regulatory feedback will enable Destiny Pharma to simplify the Phase 3 study design and is expected to shorten the overall clinical development programme in the US. * To read full the RNS click here
* - Millions of Public sector workers await pay deal decision - Inflation will be brought under control - Zahawi - Petrol prices drop from record high, says AA 3 of 5 stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* Dr JJ Traynor, Managing Partner at HydrogenOne, Investment Manager of HydrogenOne Capital Growth #HGEN https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/listings/LON/HGEN discusses their investment strategy which was established to provide investors with opportunities in clean hydrogen and energy storage for the energy transition. * To read quarterly HydrogenOne Capital Growth's factsheet for March 2022 click here https://hydrogenonecapitalgrowthplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/HGEN_Q1-22-Factsheet_Board.pdf
- UNION CALLS FOR HEAT LIMIT LAW IN WORKPLACES - CUTTING UK TAXES NOW WOULD BE A MISTAKE, SAYS IMF - UK SET TO HAVE WORLD'S BIGGEST AUTOMATED DRONE SUPERHIGHWAY * 3 of 5 stories featured in today's 90 second podcast
* - Unite warns of 'summer of discontent' over pay - Emirates refuses Heathrow's demand to cut flights - China economy contracts amid zero-Covid policy 3 of 5 stories featured in today's 90 second podcast.