When God gives a command, sometimes we only half-heartedly obey. Today in our study of 1 Samuel 15, we’ll see that this is exactly what Saul did, and he was condemned for it too! Join us as we look at Saul’s heart and learn how to bring our own into wholehearted submission to God.
DISCUSSION AND STUDY QUESTIONS:
1. What was the Lord’s command, through Samuel, in verse 3? What reasons did the podcast give for why God would have given a command such as this? How does verse 33 shed light on the Amalekites?
2. What was the outcome of this battle? Did Saul obey the Lord’s commands?
3. How does Esther 3:1 (and Haman being an “Agagite”) shed light on Saul’s obedience here?
4. How did Saul justify his actions in this passage?
5. What was the Lord’s estimation of Saul in verses 10 & 11? Why?
6. In terms of what this chapter shows us about Saul’s heart, what was the difference between the heart of Saul versus the heart of David?
7. According to verse 22, what should Saul have done? Why is this the most important step?
8. What does verse 23 say about rebellion? Why does the Lord characterize these sins in these ways?
9. What does this passage show us about complete obedience, even when we’d rather not?
Check out our new Bible Study Guide on the Key Chapters of Genesis! Available on Amazon just in time for the Genesis relaunch in January!
To see our dedicated podcast website with access to all our episodes and other resources, visit us at: www.keychapters.org.
Find us on all major platforms, or use these direct links:
YouTube: Key Chapters of the Bible on YouTube.
As always, we are grateful to be included in the "Top 100 Bible Podcasts to Follow" from Feedspot.com.
Also for regularly being awarded "Podcast of the Day" from PlayerFM.
Special thanks to Joseph McDade for providing our theme music.