* The Monologue: A Kia owner is done with having his car stolen multiple times. This is the fourth incident that he has gone through involving his Kia. The mother of a 16-year-old who died to a fentanyl overdose speaks out on the pain she is going through and sends a warning to other parents to talk with their kids. Certain foods could increase your risk of getting cancer, the study shows that there are eight foods that will increase your chance of getting colorectal cancer. // LongForm: Chris Sullivan // The Quick Hit: WA adopts new rules to phase out fossil fuels in new construction
* What’s Trending: A tennis ball bomb went off in Roy and did damage to a man's truck. This location is off the beaten path, and it appears to be a targeted attack. The Seattle council election turnout was terrible, statewide there was a 37% turnout. King County had the lowest turnout in modern history. There are two different bans coming out that are aimed at tobacco companies. There is a proposed ban on menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars. This could anger voters and actually be a negative for the Democrats. // Big Local: Issaquah students held a walkout from their school to show support for Hamas. Students are being taught to hate and that there is always an oppressor and the oppressed. The Marysville School District is going through some massive budget cuts, and it could result in the elimination of their sports programs. // You Pick The News: Elon Musk tells advertisers that are threatening him with pulling ads or with money to "go blank themselves".
* What’s Trending: One man has been arrested in connection to the Seattle Starbucks vandalism, he is part of the group called "Trantifa". This was an antisemitic effort and anti-Jewish phrases were spray painted on the walls of the Starbucks. Food banks in Washington are struggling to meet the demands of a rising number of patrons. Washington Democrats used Giving Tuesday to trick people into giving them money that was intended for small businesses and charities. // Oakland residents took time to speak at a recent Oakland City Council meeting. A lot of residents used their time to praise Hamas and condemn Israel for "committing genocide. Jewish students are suffering at universities and a lot of university presidents are turning a blind eye to this terrorism of their students. // There were over 140 ballots in Washington that were found in out of service mailboxes. this was true in four different counties. The results of the ballots found would not have changed the outcome of any of the election races.
* The Monologue: More hostages have been released in the war between Israel and Hamas, Israeli doctors are seeing the effects of what these hostages, sometimes very young, went through. Palestinian hostages that were released are fueling propaganda saying that Israel beat them and tortured them. A cousin of two hostages taken by Hamas is begging for them to be released, his cousins are 4 years old and 10 months old. A Palestinian-American Activist is saying that Israel is committing an ethnic cleansing and that the IDF is going after genocide. King 5 News has released a story of the so called creator of the Seattle Humane's social media posts that went "viral". // LongForm: San Juan County Sheriff Eric Peter is calling out the very light sentence for a criminal who caused the death of a teen. // The Quick Hit: Jon Scholes criticizes SPD * The Last Rantz:
* What’s Trending: In one day, there was a RV fire and a standoff with Seattle SWAT in the Ballard area. What amenities would you want to see in your next hotel? The Seattle Times released an article to determine what travelers want to see in their hotel. There is a cantaloupe recall because of salmonella. // Big Local: A group of teens carjack a girls car in a Taco Bell parking lot in Tacoma. There were at least 5 suspects and multiple cars involved. Yakima had their 5th annual Small Business Saturday and businesses are grateful. This supports the local economy and draws crowds unlike the massive online shopping presence. Bellingham has been named the drunkest city in the state of Washington // You Pick The News: A single man was going on a first date with a girl, and he was joined by two unlikely guests. Those guests were his date's parents. The single man was then interrogated by his date's father about what he does for work.
* What’s Trending: Keith Smith, the Edmonds School Board President was caught in a lie about an incident involving the school bathroom and a trans student. He gave an apology at a recent School Board meeting and was asked for his resignation. A Deadspin writer is trying to rip a kid through the mud for wearing a head dress to a Kansas City Chief's game. the kid had paint on his face to reflect a Chief. The writer portrayed the kid as wearing black face and a new level of racism. In fact, the kid had red and gold paint on his face, not wearing black face. // A man was found unconscious with his clothes on fire after being suspected of using opiates. This happened in Everett and the man suffered burn wounds as a result. A landlord in Seattle is upset with Seattle housing policies after he had a tenant who was a drug user have multiple incidents of violence and drug use in his unit. The city of Burien had a last second passing of a plan to build a tiny home village within their city. // There will be a debate between California Gov. Gavin Newsom and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The Monologue: Black Friday and Cyber Monday are upon us, how much did you spend this year? Cyber Monday is now the day with the highest amounts of purchaces. Online shopping has surged since the pandemic and they are not going down significantly since the pandemic ended. Misinformation is everywhere with the Israel-Hamas war, Hamas is spinning injuries as if Israel was responsible for their own actions. // LongForm: Jason Roth (landlord) is getting increasingly desperate in his fight against a nightmare tenant. // The Quick Hit: Journalism Union in Disarray Over Support for Hamas The Last Rantz:
* What’s Trending: Sheriff Eric Peter of San Juan County is outraged over the rulings of a defedant that gave fentanyl to a minor and as a result died to an oversdose. Holiday travel is back, what are some of the worst things to see on your flight? // Big Local: Juveniles are in custody after another attempted escape plan at Echo Glen detention center in Snoqualmie. A 50 year old man in Spanaway was killed while attempting a u-turn on SR-7, he was hit by a 14 year old driving a stolen Kia // You Pick The News: Breaking News: another synagogue was sent another suspicious package.
What’s Trending: Seattle is not safe for Jews, there was a pro-Palestine march in Seattle at the annual tree lighting. Chants of "free Palestine" were being shouted even though Palestine is not a country. A Starbucks was vandalized by pro-Palestine supporters with spray paint // Local Macy's workers have gone on strike claiming there are unfair labor practices and wages. Majority of strikes like this are all about money and overall wages. There were also some frustrations over anti-theft policies // Merriam-Webster's word of the year is "Authentic". the hint is "be true to yourself", lots of people are living "their truth" but not with the relative truth.
What’s Trending: Joel Griffith (Research Fellow, Heritage foundation) talks about the failures behind the #Bidenomics campaign talking point. LongForm: Tony Badran (Tablet Magazine new editor) breaks down the Israel-Hamas hostage deal and provides insight on Lebanese influence. Quick Hit: Mike Davis (Article III Project) has the left fuming over the thought of him being involved in next Trump administration.
What’s Trending: Niagara incident likely not linked to terrorism—it is still a concern that is the first thing we think. Big Local: Antisemitic hatred strikes Mercer Island, a brazen burglary outside of a grocery store in Sumner and a fire at Renton senior apartments displaces many ahead of holidays. You Pick: CDC says you should not wash your turkey before cooking it and Target is at again with holiday pride merchandise.
* What’s Trending: Apprehension around the Israel-Hamas hostage agreement, Josh says the Israeli government had to take the deal. // What has Biden done to deserve votes? // Josh argues that Thanksgiving is the most American holiday there is.
Rich Goldberg, Senior advisor The Foundation for Defense of Democracies discusses the potential Israel-Hamas hostage deal and the implications going forward. LongForm: Conservative commentator Matthew Tyrmand details shocking election in Argentina. Quick Hit: Lisa Daftari (Editor in-chief, Foreign Desk News) talks about why she think Iran is at the root of all conflict in the Middle East.
What’s Trending: What happens after operations in Gaza end? A two-state solution has proven that it does not work. Big Local: More drama surrounding homelessness crisis in Burien, a Lacey murdered could have been motivated by an eviction and foo bank being hit hard by inflation. You Pick: A family has a wild strategy to ensure fairness in thanksgiving day prep.
* What’s Trending: Potential terms for hostage release in the Israel-Hamas conflict are hinted at. Josh provides some historical context. // Elon Musk fights back on bogus Media Matters claims. // Biden is obviously too old—do the democrats care?
* Gregg Roman executive director for the Middle East Forum talks about Qatar funding Hamas operations and Ben Weingarten editor at-large RealClear Investigations gives insight on U.S.-China relations after Biden and Xi meet. LongForm: Liel Leibovitz, Editor of Tablet magazine discusses the rabid antisemitism from the global Left and to unpack the latest Biden administration nonsense concerning the war in Gaza. Quick Hit: Rabbi Yaakov Menken, managing director Coalition for Jewish Values discusses allegations of anti-Semitism around Elon Musk. *
What’s Trending: Focus of the Republican presidential field is on Iowa, DeSantis thinks democrats would beat Trump and a happy birthday to President Biden! Big Local: Juvenile crime hits Tacoma, Federal way and Renton over the weekend. You Pick: Sign at Harvard-Yale football games suggests trading pro-Palestine students for hostages.
* What’s Trending: When will Hezbollah get more meaningfully involved in the conflict? Josh digs into the Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen and the media shows its true colors in covering the Israel-Hamas conflict. // Protestors interrupted Josh's speaking appearance at University of Michigan--what this says about the current climate on college campuses. // California rolled out the carpet for Xi Jinping last week.
What’s Trending: Confirming what you know is true...shoplifters are getting more violent, a heartbreaking tale from a father who's daughter was kidnapped by Hamas and a restaurant owner mocks people for ordering water. LongForm: Jake Skorheim (KIRO Radio at Night) and Rantz discuss if it’s impossible to be friends with people you disagree with politically. Quick Hit: Jake Skorheim (KIRO Radio at Night) and Rantz brag/whine about the amazing/crappy bribes they get from studios to vote for their films for award shows.
What’s Trending: Federal Way gas station owner can't win, Everett hospital runs fine without striking nurses and Alex from Sumner was the victim of anti-Semitism at a bar -- where patrons drew swastikas on the chalkboard wall and yelled slurs. Big Local: Kennewick Mayor is being investigated for prostitution, More ballots found -- this time in a broken mailbox in Pierce County and Renton drive-by shooter is 15 years old. You Pick: Rantz thinks Charissa Thompson should not have bragged about lying on sidelines reports.
* What’s Trending: Concerning trend of non-charged sexual assault cases in King County and kid should not be getting news from TikTok. // Josh Hammer and other speakers for YAF get shouted down on campus. // Rantz is somewhat happy for Mercer Island band kids and then he gets mad about Black Friday shopping tips.
Holiday shoppers will struggle in Seattle, a serial stabber on mass transit is the latest thing to be afraid of and Seattle Council is trying to put delivery apps out of business. LongForm: Carolina, co-owner of Leo's Auto Repair details how criminals took thousands of dollars of tools and other items from her family business. Quick Hit: Activists are concerned that anti-doxxing laws will target their own.
What’s Trending: Starbucks strike shows concerning amount of entitlement, potential law changes are needed over AI altered images and Author and FOX News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett discusses his new book featuring every important historical document a Patriot would ever need. Big Local: Three Auburn businesses were literally hit overnight, Geese die and but stop pooping everywhere in Monroe. You Pick: Why are people getting intimate in rage rooms?
* What’s Trending: The age of suspects is the new story around crime crisis and voters being undecided on Bob Ferguson is a good thing. //Stupid people on TikTok are just finding out about the Bin Laden 9/11 letter and they sound just like today's educators. // #Bidenomocs means we need tips on how to save money on groceries...think about it.
* What’s Trending: USPS incompetence almost led to uncounted votes, FBI director says Hamas could cause problems domestically and Nikki Haley’s awful — and unconstitutional — idea. LongForm: Zach Jaffee is a local Jew who was brutally assaulted for having an Israeli flag at his home. Quick Hit: A Florida teacher's aide will never be the same after an attack by a student. *
What’s Trending: Mayors asking for money for drug crisis they helped create, Seattle Educators Association bring forward 'ceasefire' resolution that will change everything and Rep. Mark Green (R-TN), Homeland Security Committee chairman details the findings of an investigation into how DHS policies have created crisis at the southern border. Big Local: New SnoCo sheriff is 'Seattle' agenda to office, A Bellingham park is ruined by vandals and outrage after a bus driver allegedly strikes a child. You Pick: A horse gets loose on an international flight.
* What’s Trending: Sound Transit promises to bring 'equitable' fare enforcement, an apology was issued by the Redmond mayor's daughter and a brief Pac-12 update. // A broad showing of people showed support for Israel at DC rally yesterday. // A controversial Kmart Christmas bag has people fuming.
* What’s Trending: Port of Seattle installs tampons in men’s bathrooms and why is ABC News flipping out about Jenna Ellis? LongForm: Sheriff Adam Fortney exclusively talks with Jason Rantz about the campaign, the smears he endured and the politics of running as an outsider. Quick Hit: A senator challenges a union boss to a fight during hearing.
What’s Trending: Concern over a white supremacist shirt being worn in Gold Bar and reasons behind SPS enrollment decline are being ignored. Big Local: a Kenmore auto shop is gutted and wild embezzlement scheme at an Edmonds dentist office. You Pick: A Czech news crew was robbed while covering the APEC summit in SF.
* What’s Trending: Providence nurses are striking to 'help community', Rantz thinks Kshama Sawant is behind SPS students demanding mental health funds and a potential solution to credit card skimming. // Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Arizona) on Israel, the stop-gap funding, and more! // Rantz rips into Harvard staff who don't want to 'combat antisemitism'.